Gulf Hypoxia Monitoring
Providing guidance to the Steering Committee for the Gulf Hypoxia Monitoring Implementation Plan, the Gulf Hypoxia Monitoring Stakeholder Committee was established to ascertain the needs of the stakeholder communities for a comprehensive, integrative, sustainable monitoring program for the northern Gulf of Mexico hypoxic zone (e.g. 'Dead Zone').
Additionally, the Committee will determine the monitoring required to improve management of regional inshore hypoxia along the Gulf of Mexico, as well as the Education and Outreach activities necessary to raise public awareness on the health and economic impacts of hypoxia.
The 5th Annual NOAA/Northern Gulf Institute Hypoxia Research Coordination Workshop, "Advancing Ecological Modeling for Diversions and Hypoxia in the Northern Gulf of Mexico," was held July 14-16, 2014 at the Mississippi State University Science and Technology Center, at Stennis Space Center, MS. Read More ...
Links to Gulf Hypoxia Monitoring Stakeholder Committee Products
- Defined Management Needs White Paper (228 KB)
- Ecological Modeling Matrix (30 KB)
- FY10 Hypoxic Zone Monitoring Coordination Plan and Report (1.0 MB)
- Gulf Hypoxia Communications Plan (516 KB)
- Gulf of Mexico Hypoxia Monitoring Implementation Plan (690 KB)
- Gulf Hypoxia Monitoring Stakeholder Committee Background Information (20 KB)
- Hypoxia White Paper (260 KB)
Search Gulf of Mexico Hypoxia Information
- Access to Hypoxia Data and Products - created by NOAA's National Coastal Data Development Center