Continuing its springtime tradition to provide a platform for advancing the science underpinning management of the large annual hypoxic zone ("dead zone") in the northern Gulf of Mexico, the NOAA National Centers for Coastal Ocean Science, Northern Gulf Institute, and the NOAA National Data Buoy Center convened a Forum for Gulf of Mexico Hypoxia Research Coordination and Advancement on 17-18 April 2013 at the Mississippi State University Science and Technology Center at NASA's Stennis Space Center in Mississippi.
For more information, contact the Hypoxia Forum Steering Committee Chairs:
- Glider Implementation Plan for Hypoxia Monitoring in the Gulf of Mexico (1.91 MB)
- Modeling Approaches for Scenario Forecasts of Gulf of Mexico Hypoxia (491 KB)
- Terms of Reference for Modeling Technical Review Panel (431 KB)
- Guidelines for Gulf Modelers (234 KB)
- 2013 Hypoxia Model Inventory (39 KB)
Hypoxia Forum Steering Committee
Hypoxia Modeling Technical Review Panel
Glider Implementation Plan Team
Presentations and Posters
Presentations and posters are currently available for viewing and download from an online version of the final workshop agenda available here.