- Point of Contact
The John C. Stennis Space Center is located on the Mississippi Gulf Coast on Interstate 10 at Exit 2, approximately 48 miles west of Biloxi, Mississippi, and 45 miles east of New Orleans, Louisiana. Stennis has two reception centers: one at the South Gate (located at the Interstate 10 entrance) and one at the North Gate (located off Interstate 59 at Highway 607).
Please note that the use of cell phones while driving within the Stennis Space Center buffer zone and on the site is prohibited and violators will be ticketed.
As a secure NASA facility, visitors to Stennis must abide by the following:
- Federal employees and contractors who are U.S. Citizens may use their Federal Common Access Card (CAC) for admittance to the Center under the current security setting.
- Federal employees and contractors who are Foreign Nationals require advanced approval even if they hold a CAC. See Foreign National Section.
- All visitors must sign in at NCEI front desk upon arrival at NCEI.
- Visitors should contact NCEI and establish an arrival date and time so their names can be put on the list for Stennis admittance.
- Anyone without a CAC wishing to visit NCEI at Stennis must have a Visitor Badge issued upon arrival.
- Visitors must have a valid photo ID which is compliant with the REAL ID Act to receive a Visitor's Badge and admittance to Stennis.
- Allow at least 30 minutes for visitor badge issue. Lines for badge issue may become long, depending on the time of day.
- Visitors must sign in at NCEI front desk upon arrival at NCEI.
- Stennis Space Center is a federal facility and requires prior clearance and on-site escort for all Foreign National visitors.
- Please contact NCEI as soon as possible to start arrangements for your potential visit. Visits to NCEI and Stennis by foreign nationals require special advance arrangements, which can take up to 60 days to complete.
- Each Foreign National visitor to NCEI and Stennis must have a sponsor. The sponsor must be a U.S. citizen and Stennis-badged employee. The sponsor must escort the Foreign National visitor at all times.
- Foreign nationals must have their passports or green cards with them to receive a Visitorâs Badge and admittance to Stennis.
Federal Employees and Contractors:
Directions To NCEI, Stennis Space Center, MS
NCEI resides in Suite 1003, 1021 Balch Boulevard, Stennis Space Center, Mississippi 39529. This map gives driving directions to NCEI in Building 1021. Click on the map to enlarge.
There are five NOAA entities at Stennis Space Center.
- National Data Buoy Center (NDBC)
- National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)
- National Marine Fisheries Services (NMFS)
- NOAA Office for Coastal Management (CSC)
- Northern Gulf Institute (NGI)
Airports Serving NCEI Stennis Space Center
Lodging Information for NCEI Visitors
- New Orleans Metropolitan Area, Louisiana
- Slidell-St Tammany Parish, Louisiana
- Hancock County, Mississippi
- Harrison County, Mississippi