Gulf Hypoxia Monitoring
Providing guidance to the Steering Committee for the Gulf Hypoxia Monitoring Implementation Plan, the Gulf Hypoxia Monitoring Stakeholder Committee was established to ascertain the needs of the stakeholder communities for a comprehensive, integrative, sustainable monitoring program for the northern Gulf of Mexico hypoxic zone (e.g. 'Dead Zone').
Additionally, the Committee will determine the monitoring required to improve management of regional inshore hypoxia along the Gulf of Mexico, as well as the Education and Outreach activities necessary to raise public awareness on the health and economic impacts of hypoxia.
The 6th Annual NOAA/Northern Gulf Institute Coordination Workshop, "Establishing a Cooperative Hypoxic Zone Monitoring Program," was held September 12-13, 2016 at the Mississippi State University Science and Technology Center at Stennis Space Center, MS. Read More ...
- 2011 Workshop Proceedings
- 2012 Workshop Proceedings
- 2013 Forum Proceedings
- 2014 Workshop Proceedings
Links to Gulf Hypoxia Monitoring Stakeholder Committee Products
- Hypoxia Impacts on Gulf Fisheries (52 KB)
- Defined Management Needs White Paper (228 KB)
- Ecological Modeling Matrix (30 KB)
- FY10 Hypoxic Zone Monitoring Coordination Plan and Report (1.0 MB)
- Gulf Hypoxia Communications Plan (516 KB)
- Gulf of Mexico Hypoxia Monitoring Implementation Plan (690 KB)
- Gulf Hypoxia Monitoring Stakeholder Committee Background Information (20 KB)
- Hypoxia White Paper (260 KB)
Search Gulf of Mexico Hypoxia Information
- Access to Hypoxia Data and Products - created by NOAA's National Coastal Data Development Center