The Joint Analysis Group (JAG) for Surface and Sub-Surface Oceanography, Oil and Dispersant Data has compiled and processed over 1500 Conductivity, Temperature and Depth (CTD) data observations made aboard research survey vessels in the Gulf of Mexico in the vicinity of the Deepwater Horizon Spill. These data sets have been subjected to preliminary quality control and are hosted and available for download from the National Oceanographic Data Center's Deepwater Horizon Incident Support site. Also available for download from this site are Climatology Products, Ocean Currents Data, Resources on Oil Spills, Response, and Restoration, Coastal Ecosystem Maps, and Ocean Profile Data.
NOAA Data and Product Resources
- National Weather Service (NWS) New Orleans/Baton Rouge Deepwater Horizon Decision Support Page includes spot forecasts, top graphics, tropical weather, radar sites, forecasts/meteorgrams, offshore forecasts from TAFB/NHC, wind forecast/analysis graphics, and wave forecast graphics.
- NWS Mobile Deepwater Horizon Decision Support Page includes six hour coastal thunderstorm outlook, regional radar summary, latest special marine warning, latest marine weather statements, tide information, and shoreline forecasts, national event updates, NOAA fact sheet, NWS Wind and Wave forecast graphics, NWS coastal waters text weather forecasts, tide information, NOAA gulf current forecasts, NOAA fisheries information, latest NWS weather forecasts, radar imagery, and satellite imagery.
- National Ocean Service (NOS) Office of Response and Restoration (OR&R)
- National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Southeast Regional Office @ St. Petersburg includes map of fishery closure boundaries (updated daily), fishery bulletin, current news, state closure information, fisheries, protected resources and habitat, and general information.
- Air Resources Laboratory (ARL) Forecast Trajectory Maps for Gulf of Mexico
- NWS Mesonet Observations
- NOAA Environmental Satellite, Data and Information Service (NESDIS) Satellite Derived Surface Oil Analysis Products
- NOAA Science Missions & Data
- Gulf of Mexico Hypoxia Watch