Ocean Exploration and Research (OER) Digital Atlas Portal
- Point of Contact
`Where in the world is Ocean Exploration?` The OER Digital Atlas answers this question with an easy-to-navigate map application using ESRI's ArcGIS Server technology. The application displays expedition locations on a global map and provides direct access to exploration data and information products.
The Digital Atlas is the central access point for end-users to directly access the distributed data and information products that result from ocean exploration, including the following:
- The Ocean Exploration Education and Outreach website
- Scientific data and information archived at NOAA data centers
- The OER video and document collection, accessible from the NOAA Central Library
- OER geospatial information, accessible from the National Centers for Environmental Information
- Online GIS visualization, integration, and analysis tools
- Peer-reviewed scientific publications
- Education resources, including award-winning lesson plans
Exploration data are processed and added to the managed collections on a continuing basis, so information content associated with each expedition varies and is updated continually.